Re: abuse from a user of this list

  • From: William Allen Simpson
  • Date: Mon Oct 13 13:56:09 2003

"Booth, Michael (ENG)" wrote:

> > Based on the web pages at http://2mbit.com/ and http://www.sosdg.org/,
> > I see an effort to improve the community not found at either
> > http://www.poptix.net nor http://techmonkeys.org/.
>
> I didn't draw that conclusion at all.  Much the opposite, judging from
> their photo gallery,

Perhaps you have your citations backward?

At 2mbit and its companion, I see no photo gallery....

OTOH, at poptix.net, I see a photo gallery link.

> they seem like a bunch of script kiddies trying to
> make a name for themselves in the "open source community", while bumming
> around for jobs, and doing hosting on their Ameritech DSL in blatant
> violation of their AUP (any guys from SBC on this list?).  I wouldn't take
> them seriously.
>
> Have a listen to http://www.poptix.net/trelane.mp3 for proof of their
> maturity.

Hmmm, I didn't see such a thing on that website main page, nor do I now.
That link is hidden.

Methinks we have a shill for poptix, or the same person posting from
alias accounts....

"Sirius F. Crackhoe" wrote:

> Why do we even have this pissing match going on in NANOG? Take it off line.

Why do we have pseudonymous posters to NANOG?  A google search doesn't
reveal particularly enlightening discourse from that account.

Apparently, the sirius guys at poptix already took it off-line, to
taunt the fellows that were suffering the DoS.

Any DoS and other attack is pertinent, but especially so from another
member of the list.

I've seen this before, as we host a number of sites, and sell DSL
service.  A few years back, we hosted the new flag proposal website
for Mississippi.  The goodol'boys wanted the Confederate battle flag.
It was hard to imagine the hate going on there....

I certainly was grateful for assistance from other NANOG members.
--
William Allen Simpson