RE: Extreme BlackDiamond

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Mon Oct 13 09:21:31 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Shazad - eServers wrote:

> I would like to add one comment onto this, the Black Diamonds would be used
> for purely switching and nothing else.

Then you're betting on the right horse. Get the G8Xi cards and two MSMs
per chassi and you have linerate everything.

> As for as TheTollyGroup how much credibility do these guys hold?

They test what they're told to test. I've read Tolly Group test of the
6500 and the Black Diamond. It's perfectly accurate. If you read the Cisco
"response" test you get more facts which are not in the Tolly report. Read
both and you get an accurate picture of what matters.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]