abuse from a user of this list

  • From: Andrew D Kirch
  • Date: Sun Oct 12 22:06:02 2003

Last night in conjunction with the attacks on my DSL line and the Summit Open Source Development Group, I received a threatening phone call on my home business line at 1:44 in the morning (GMT-5 CST Indiana-East).  My roommate answered the call, and the dialog was simply "how's your DSL B----!", then the caller hung up.
This evening my roommate informed me of the call, and told me that the caller had not blocked caller ID, the number in question being 320-282-5940.  I tracked this number to a T Mobile cellphone in St Cloud, MN.  Thinking this might be the kiddie responsible for the attack I made a *67 call back.
I was greeted with the voice mail of Matthew Hallacy (AKA poptix) who has used this forum to take cheap shots at myself and my staff repeatedly.  Now he has denigrated to simple threats and harassment off list that didn't even get to me but to my roommate who is entirely uninvolved in this.
I must note that this incident greatly saddened me, as I would have thought that all on this list have suffered Denial of Service attacks, and understand the seriousness and severity of these attacks, obviously one of us doesn't get it.
please contact me if you have questions regarding this incident.

--

Andrew D Kirch  |	    [email protected]            |
Security Admin  |  Summit Open Source Development Group  | www.sosdg.org