Re: BellSouth prefix deaggregation (was: as6198 aggregation event)

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Sun Oct 12 11:29:20 2003

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 01:02:57PM +0000, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

> > Can anyone from BellSouth comment?  What if a few other major ISPs were
> > to add a thousand or so deaggregated routes in a few weeks time?  Would
> > there be a greater impact?
>
> one word - irresponsible

	This clearly stands out to me as a reason to keep and use
prefix filtering on peers to reduce the amount of junk in the routing
tables.  If bellsouth needs to leak more specifics for load balancing
purposes, fine, just make sure those routes don't leave your upstreams
networks and waste router memory for the rest of us that don't need to
see it.

	- Jared