Re: Abuse Departments

  • From: Avleen Vig
  • Date: Sun Oct 12 05:05:51 2003

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 02:18:45AM -0500, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
> Most places will take care of abuse issues if they get to the right person,
> but some places simply won't wake up their network admin at 11:00 on a saturday
> night because some script kiddie's DSL is getting attacked by another
> script kiddie on IRC.

You've had good experiences with abuse departments. I'm glad for you.
The rest of us have not.
Yes, some places ARE helpful when you call with a genuine problem. Most
places are not.
And honestly, regardless of the reason, shouldn't abuse departments be
responsive to this type of thing?

DoS attacks often effect more than the end target, they often cause
people on immediate surrounding network many problems also.