Re: New attack against port 135?

  • From: Andrew D Kirch
  • Date: Fri Oct 10 13:43:04 2003

The kiddies have finally exploited the RPC SS/RPC DCOMII exploits that microsoft patched after internal auditing. I first got word of a working exploit about a week ago, but no real confirmation, and I put very little creedance in "<kiddie> I hax0rz your b0x3n!" then scanning went exponentially through the roof.  So it lookss like the kiddie's right, I doubt there's a virus perse, more like kiddies hunting for vulnerable boxes to install DDoS trojans on.  Anyone who honeypots one of these scans and gets a trojan please notify me and forward it, it would be most helpful. (Also obviously forward to Symantec et al.)

--

Andrew D Kirch  |	    [email protected]            |
Security Admin  |  Summit Open Source Development Group  | www.sosdg.org