Re: Sitefinder and DDoS

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Thu Oct 09 17:37:43 2003

Kee Hinckley wrote:

At 10:41 PM +0300 10/9/03, Petri Helenius wrote:

With $100M annual revenue at stake, I would be willing to provide distributed solutions
to this problem if you send me a reasonable fraction of that money.

But can you do it without breaking the assumption that any lookup on *.TLD will always return the same value as badxxxdomain.TLD?
It would be doable, maybe not cover 100% of the cases, but if I would accept
the offer to go over to the dark side, why I wouldn�t break that assumption
to make your life more complicated?

Pete