Re: Wired mag article on spammers playing traceroutegameswithtrojaned boxes

  • From: John Neiberger
  • Date: Thu Oct 09 16:50:39 2003

>>OrgName:    CyberGate, Inc.
>>OrgID:      CYBG
>>Address:    3250 W. Commercial Blvd. Suite 200
>>City:       Ft. Lauderdale
>>StateProv:  FL
>>PostalCode: 33309
>>Country:    US
>
>This appears to be a rather prolific spammer. At first I thought they
>were affiliated with www.skynetweb.com because they have the same
>address, including suite number, but it now appears that they are
really
>affiliated with these guys:
>
>http://www.affinity.com/about/our_team/our_team.htm
>
>John

I decided to revise the way I phrased this. I should have said that
this is a rather prolific home for spammers. I doubt Affinity or its
associates are doing much spamming of their own.

It does appear that Affinity, et. al., are hosting the page that is
accepting information from that javascript. Affinity ought to know who
is paying for that site and it seems like law enforcement might be
rather interested in that information.

John