Re: Wired mag article on spammers playing traceroute games with trojaned boxes

  • From: Mike Tancsa
  • Date: Thu Oct 09 15:13:51 2003

Looks like attachments wont go through, so I will repost without the attachment. If anyone wants a copy, let me know

---Mike

At 01:28 PM 09/10/2003, Andy Ellifson wrote:

Oops... Try this again...

And as soon as you call law enforcement what happends?  The spammer is
located offshore.  Then what?
Actually, in the case of the wired article (removeform.com), it seems to be connected to a site in Florida. I asked my programmer ([email protected]) to decode the obfuscated java script/page that is served up by one of the zombies (On FreeBSD fetch -B 18192 -o danger.html http://www.removeform.com/d - I got it from 207.5.215.72 at the time). I have attached it as a zip file with its contents. You will note that the form post goes back to

form action="http://207.36.47.68/cgi-bin/addinfo.cgi";

OrgName: CyberGate, Inc.
OrgID: CYBG
Address: 3250 W. Commercial Blvd. Suite 200
City: Ft. Lauderdale
StateProv: FL
PostalCode: 33309
Country: US