RE: Finding clue at comcast.net

  • From: Miles Fidelman
  • Date: Thu Oct 09 11:59:18 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:

> At 9:29 AM -0500 10/9/03, Austad, Jay wrote:
> >Comcast's phone support department is the *worst*, WORST, I've ever dealt
> >with.  I think they are outsourced, they have to go by a script, and many of
>
> On the couple of occasions where I got escalation, I once had an
> informal conversation with a 3rd level. Their phone center is in
> Halifax, NS -- didn't find out if it is outsourced or not. While the

Anybody know to what extent Comcast and the old MediaOne/ATTBI customer
support organizations have been merged?

All of this sounds like classic MediaOne/ATTBI.  I'm on the local cable
board, which gets me a few phone numbers one level up the escalation
chain, but still....  I do remember a few months back, on the weekend,
hiking in the woods, when I got a callback from a tech. in Candada, who
was also calling from his cell phone on his day off.  This was part of a
6-month, ongoing problem that turned out to result from a memory leak in
the nearest poletop box serving my home - it turns out that this specific
box hadn't received the upgrade that fixed a problem that the industry
knew about for a year.

Sigh...

Miles Fidelman