Finding clue at comcast.net

  • From: Howard C. Berkowitz
  • Date: Wed Oct 08 20:41:08 2003

I'm rapidly beginning to believe this is equivalent to finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. When my broadband alternative is Verizon and it's looking better, this is scary.

Sometime today, their SMTP server started bouncing messages with more than 3 addressees. When I called customer support, I was told "we only handle troubleshooting, not mail service." The operator "guessed" they might be doing software updates on the mail service, had no information, and said there was no person to which it could be escalated.

She insisted that I call my local cable office to find out when the "server repair" would be completed, because "they schedule all repairs."

Is this a bad dream?