Re: News coverage, Verisign etc.

  • From: Mike Tancsa
  • Date: Wed Oct 08 15:28:36 2003

At 03:06 PM 08/10/2003, [email protected] wrote:

In these days of corporate malfeasance scandal coverage, you'd think that
Verisign's tactics would have whetted the appetite of some bright
investigative reporter for one of the major publications.
Too difficult and obscure a topic to make interesting. Its even worse than the S&L scandal of the 80s. Things like ice statues pissing vodka at private million dollar parties are easy to cover in that a picture says it all.... There is no easy way to convey this issue to the general public in just a few words and at the same time not put them to sleep....

---Mike

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:

> I have gotten a reasoned response from the technology editor of the
> Washington Post, and we are discussing things.  While I wouldn't have
> done it that way, he had a rational explanation of why the story was
> written the way it was, and definitely indicating there will be
> continuing coverage of the issue.  He believes there's always room
> for improving coverage.

James Smallacombe                     PlantageNet, Inc. CEO and Janitor
[email protected]                                                     http://3.am