Re: News coverage, Verisign etc.

  • From: Howard C. Berkowitz
  • Date: Wed Oct 08 15:11:17 2003

At 11:56 AM -0700 10/8/03, Eliot Lear wrote:
Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:

I have gotten a reasoned response from the technology editor of the Washington Post, and we are discussing things. While I wouldn't have done it that way, he had a rational explanation of why the story was written the way it was, and definitely indicating there will be continuing coverage of the issue. He believes there's always room for improving coverage.

Care to share?

Eliot
I was thinking about that, and now have a very red face. Eudora, for some reason (out of storage without a message?) seems to have lost about an hour of outbox messages. I'm hoping to get a copy sent back to me.

In any event, in working with media, there's a time where some level of confidentiality is useful, when you are building the relationship and giving background. Let me summarize that the Post initially saw this more as a business than technology issue, and gave Verisign its chance to tell its side of the story. I believe the relevant editor now believes the issue is much more complex.

I'd want his permission to share the specific response.

Howard