Re: VeriSign list (was: sitefinder ...)

  • From: Declan McCullagh
  • Date: Tue Oct 07 16:57:47 2003

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 09:27:06AM -0400, William Allen Simpson wrote:
> I will not participate in a VeriSign sponsored list, as that might
> give fodder for another "press release" claiming network operators and
> designers had reviewed and approved the VeriSign changes.  I recommend
> that others only join neutral unaffiliated discussion lists.

Without taking a position on the merits of SiteFinder, I would note
that VeriSign representatives mentioned their mailing list today at
the meeting in Washington, DC as evidence that close collaboration with
the Internet community was in progress and that any technical problems
it caused could be solved (once SiteFinder is back online, they meant).

-Declan