Re: Verisign's public opinion play

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Tue Oct 07 05:30:42 2003

>I think this list may be a very good choice of where to construct
>such a response.

Are you being paid by Verisign?
A "constructed" response is the worst thing we could
do. Everyone should write their own responses in their
own words based on their own experiences or their own
skills and knowledge. That's the only way to demonstrate
that Verisign was wrong, wrong, wrong.

A "constructed" response is pure politics and only
demonstrates that a certain opinion is shared by
a bunch of people with no basis in fact. We don't
need to trumpet our opinions; we need to document and
publish the facts of the matter.

And this list is definitely not the place to
discuss writing a letter of protest. If political
activity is your bag, then try http://www.meetup.com

--Michael Dillon