Trying to subscribe to Sitefinder list

  • From: Howard C. Berkowitz
  • Date: Tue Oct 07 01:43:36 2003

Well, I've been trying. I got a double opt-in that gave me a deadline to respond of 5AM Wednesday. I replied.

No confirmation.

Tried to post (crossposted to NANOG).

Got error message telling me I was not yet on the list. Of course, with the apparent assumption the Internet is the Web, the first directions were to use a browser. Another option was to respond with a token in the message, a common enough procedure for mailing lists.

I didn't read the fine print well enough. The first time, I discovered that the token had "confirm no" in it. Removed "no".

Reread instructions. Just removing wasn't enough. Had to edit it to "confirm yes".

Is there something wrong with the user friendliness of this picture, assuming that people actually use something other than a web browser, shocking as that might be for a m-a-i-l-i-n-g l-i-s-t?

grrrr.