Re: CCO/cisco.com issues.

  • From: Matt
  • Date: Tue Oct 07 00:42:25 2003

As the bandwidth ramps up on the access side, this problem is only going to become more and more prevalent (as if it's not already enough of a problem). While I don't think filtering is the silver bullet, it can certainly help at times. I think some of the larger watch sites (eg SANS, etc.) out there have the right idea - even though reactive in nature, almost real-time dissemination of attack vectors and trending of methods goes a long way towards slowing down some of these attacks. Unfortunately, these single target attacks, such as attacks on Cisco, Ebay, Yahoo, etc. cannot be entirely thwarted if the attacker(s) is/are determined enough. We could go down the client side discussion (you know, the one about certain software vendors, etc.) but that topic has already been covered in great length.