Re: CCO/cisco.com issues.

  • From: ed
  • Date: Mon Oct 06 20:52:43 2003

> > I'm assuming, though not certain, that Cisco would have alternative
> > distribution/communication/update channels in such an event, but is that
> > indeed the case?
>
> My access to ftp.cisco.com is working fine whilst the website remains down..

Hi Steve,

No I do realize that what I suggested in my email was just a scenario
removed from the case at hand.  What I was suggesting though is that 1) if
the portals of distribution (http and ftp) were DDoS'd, say as a precursor
to exploitation of some other vulnerability.  I was not trying to suggest
that all means of communication were blocked and that this particular
instance was one of an opportunistic DDoS.  Sorry if I was unclear.

-ed
[email protected]