CCO/cisco.com issues.

  • From: Roland Dobbins
  • Date: Mon Oct 06 17:04:50 2003

Folks,

We've been handling a multi-vector DDoS - 40-byte spoofed SYN-flooding towards www.cisco.com (198.133.219.25/32) as well as an HTTP-AUTH resource-exhaustion attack, and working these issues with our upstreams. Our apologies for any inconveniences, and our thanks to those who've assisted in tracing and blocking the spoofed traffic.

We're continuing the work the issue, and would be grateful if operators would check for 40-byte spoofed TCP headed towards 198.133.219.25/32 and trace/block it as warranted. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Roland Dobbins <[email protected]> // 408.527.6376 voice