Re: cisco site down? multiple sources reporting connectivity problems

  • From: Regis M. Donovan
  • Date: Mon Oct 06 16:39:08 2003

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 11:54:41AM -0700, [email protected] wrote:
> I'm on multiple mailing lists now with multiple persons reporting
> connectivity issues to cisco.com.
>
> Can anyone summarize what the issue is?

i see timeouts after connecting via ie5.x and lynx.  if i telnet to port
80 and do a "GET /", i get a bunch of html but it just hangs until i
hit enter a few times at which point my OS informs me that the remote
host closed the connection.  so my guess would be that there's some problem
closing the connections after the web content goes out, so the browsers are
hanging waiting for the fin.

--regis