Re: Is there anything that actually gets users to fix their computers?

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Mon Oct 06 00:51:24 2003

Robert Boyle [10/6/2003 9:42 AM] :

What gets me is the moron admins who track down every "attack" they see. "Attacks" such as ICMP echo requests, Port 80 connections, etc. If they get huge logs that's one thing, but for four pings from a windows box or a mistyped IP address in a URL and they are worried about our "attack" These bogus reports outnumber legitimate complaints 4:1.
99% of them autogenerated by "personal firewall products". That include *screenshots* of "attack reports".

Those can be safely auto-trashed, 99.999% of them are completely bogus stuff like "your DNS server is hacking me!!!!"

srs

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <[email protected]> gpg# EDEDEFB9
Security and Antispam Operations Manager, Outblaze Limited