Re: Is there anything that actually gets users to fix their computers?

  • From: Robert Boyle
  • Date: Mon Oct 06 00:16:01 2003

At 12:57 AM 10/5/2003, you wrote:

At 2:11 AM +0000 10/5/03, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
For more fun, consider that you are [email protected], and get those
It's the anti-virus ones that drive me nuts. "Someone in your domain sent us a virus which always forges the from line, but we're going to tell you anyway because we'd like you to buy our software..."
What gets me is the moron admins who track down every "attack" they see. "Attacks" such as ICMP echo requests, Port 80 connections, etc. If they get huge logs that's one thing, but for four pings from a windows box or a mistyped IP address in a URL and they are worried about our "attack" These bogus reports outnumber legitimate complaints 4:1.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Good will, like a good name, is got by many actions, and lost by one." - Francis Jeffrey