Re: Will reverting DNS wildcard have any adverse affects?

  • From: Piotr KUCHARSKI
  • Date: Sat Oct 04 15:08:04 2003

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 04:24:18PM +0000, Paul Vixie wrote:
> > > zone "com" { type delegation-only; };
> > > zone "net" { type delegation-only; };
> > > They should be delegation-only in any case, shouldn't they?
> that was the basis of the enhanced version of the feature, which is spelled
> "root-delegation-only".

Paul, I would not call "root-delegation-only" an enhancement. With "type
delegation-only", you had to specifically name these and only these zones
you wanted restricted. With the latter, you need to be alert all the time,
keep an eye on all TLDs, whether they are legally using delegations. If I
am not mistaken, "exclude" statement to this option had four revisions
already.

p.

--
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his
heart he dreams himself your master.   -- Commissioner Pravin Lal