Re: Will reverting DNS wildcard have any adverse affects?

  • From: Piotr KUCHARSKI
  • Date: Sat Oct 04 14:53:12 2003

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 08:29:45AM -0700, [email protected] wrote:
> > zone "com" { type delegation-only; };
> > zone "net" { type delegation-only; };
> well, thats up to the zone admin. :)

Everything is. :)

> my concern is mostly along the lines of folks who will do things like:
> zone "waw.pl" { type delegation-only; };
> to random zones that they think -SHOULD- be delegation-only, regardless
> of what the zone admin specifies.

So you are questioning the "type delegation-only" functionality? Then
it's a wrong address, stupidity will always be the biggest problem in
the universe.

However, Verisign hijacking "com" and "net" made few things clear. Most
important: these domains are public, not theirs, hence they should not
do arbitrary changes to them. Marking "com" and "net" as delegation-only
is not harming anything. (At least until ICANN changes its mind.)

p.

--
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his
heart he dreams himself your master.   -- Commissioner Pravin Lal