Re: Removal of wildcard A records from .com and .net zones

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Sat Oct 04 14:01:09 2003

At 05:50 PM 03-10-03 -0400, Matt Larson wrote:

VeriSign was directed by ICANN to suspend the Site Finder service by
0100 UTC on Sunday, October 5.  We requested an extension from ICANN
to give more notice to the community but were denied.  We will be
Tis ok. I, as a member of said community, accept the same level of notice as supplied when you made the change.

Regards,
Hank

removing the wildcard A records from the .com and .net zones beginning
at 2300 UTC on Saturday, October 4.  The former behavior for these
zones (returning Name Error/RCODE=3 in response to queries for
nonexistent domain names) will be in place by 0100 UTC on Sunday,
October.

Matt
--
Matt Larson <[email protected]>