Re: Will reverting DNS wildcard have any adverse affects?

  • From: Mike Batchelor
  • Date: Fri Oct 03 19:52:46 2003

--On Friday, October 03, 2003 7:36 PM -0400 Gerald <[email protected]> wrote:

I just wanted to point out if anyone did something other than just
patching bind and moving on, consider the repercussions of Verisign
reverting or you might have your weekend plans averted to undo your
changes.

Gerald Coon
I only changed the service that was most drastically affected, my anti-spam relays. I put in a HACK() that restored the "sender domain must exist" behavior to sendmail, when a sender domain resolved to the SiteFinder address. I figured my measures ought to affect as little as possible, and address only real operational problems that the wildcards caused.

I am optimistic that this is the last time we'll see any wildcards in any gTLDs.

---
"The avalanche has already begun. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
-- Kosh