RE: VeriSign Capitulates

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Fri Oct 03 17:50:48 2003

Verisign press releases have never been about the facts. Instead it's
about trying to manipulate public perception to their side. Verisign has
never expressed any actual concern or even care about how much damage
their actions do to the internet. Any expectation that this would change
in this circumstance is an act of optimism or stupidity.

I only hope that the press in question will be made aware of the truth
of these matters and publish that information. Otherwise, you may be
faced with a situation where the DOC asks ICANN why they caved to such
a small special interest group's pressure.

Owen