Re: VeriSign Capitulates

  • From: Scott Weeks
  • Date: Fri Oct 03 16:05:49 2003

: "Without so much as a hearing, ICANN today formally asked us to shut down
: the Site Finder service," said VeriSign spokesman Tom Galvin. "We will
: accede to their request while we explore all of our options."
:
: How about a public outcry?  Did you miss that part?  You don't deserve a
: hearing.

The public are just critics:
   "Critics say that VeriSign abused its monopoly power over the
    registries"

And we're a "close-knit group" who're spouting overblown claims.  Yeah,
right...  ;-)

   VeriSign also angered the close-knit group of engineers and scientists
   who are familiar with the technology underpinning the Internet. They
   say that Site Finder undermines the worldwide Domain Name System,
   causing e-mail systems, spam-blocking technology and other applications
   to malfunction.

   VeriSign said the claims are overblown.

   "There is no data to indicate the core operation of the domain name
   system or the stability of the Internet has been adversely affected,"
   VeriSign's Galvin said.

watta bunch of goobers!

scott

: And they act like they're the victims.  Amazing.
:
: "Without so much as a hearing, ICANN today formally asked us to shut down
: the Site Finder service," said VeriSign spokesman Tom Galvin. "We will
: accede to their request while we explore all of our options."
:
: How about a public outcry?  Did you miss that part?  You don't deserve a
: hearing.
:
: Of course, they haven't removed the wildcard yet:
:
: dig is-it-gone-yet.com. @a.gtld-servers.net. +short
: 64.94.110.11
: