Re: Internet privacy

  • From: Martin J. Levy
  • Date: Wed Oct 01 23:08:15 2003

Owen,

>        I know it's short notice, but, can we try and get someone from
>ICANN to explain at Chicago why they haven't pulled Verisign's contracts
>for malfeasance?  Further, can we get someone from Verisign to explain
>how Verisign plans to correct these actions and stop taking unilateral
>destructive actions with the public trust?
>
>        This has real operational impact, and, it certainly needs more
>coordination that Verisign has so far been willing to apply.

I'm happy to see Verisign's actions on the Chicago NANOG agenda...

  http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0310/dns.html

But (alas) I don't see any ICANN names on the list...

  http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0310/attendee.list.html

Keep in mind that NANOG is a "North America..." entity and what your addressing here is a global issue. :-)

Martin