ATTN: Anyone with RBL clue at att.net

  • From: Ben Browning
  • Date: Tue Sep 30 17:07:26 2003

Something must be highly broken at ATT. I have been receiving tons of emails in response to a Usenet posting I made months ago asking if anyone knew how to get out of att.net's private RBL.

The procedure:

What I did:

Called the contact in the whois record...
Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
GNMC (VXGTRUVDOO) [email protected]
3324 Hollenberg
Bridgeton, MO 63044
US
314-264-9672 fax: 281-664-9975

Asked for their abuse department. Kept asking and calling back and leaving messages, etc, until finally I got a response. It took me several days.

AT&T - please document the removal procedures on your website immediately. You are apparently doing some very heavyhanded blocking and professionalism demands you at least give admins some recourse to figure out why they are blocked and how to fix their problems.

~Ben
---
Ben Browning <[email protected]>
The River Internet Access Co.