Re: VeriSign tapped to secure Internet voting

  • From: Henry Linneweh
  • Date: Mon Sep 29 22:34:29 2003

That is so not very funny, and after this latest move on verisigns part, I wouldn't trust online voting for the next 1000 years......and you can "quote" me on that...

-Henry

Eric Germann <[email protected]> wrote:

Hope they don't just wildcard the virtual hanging chads...

They could start with a vote on who likes global wildcards in .com and .net
----
http://msnbc-cnet.com.com/2100-1029_3-5083772.html?part=msnbc-cnet&tag=alert
&form=feed&subj=cnetnews

VeriSign announced Monday that it will provide key components of a system
designed to let Americans abroad cast absentee votes over the Internet.

Eric Germann CCTec
[email protected] Van Wert OH 45891
http://www.cctec.com Ph: 419 968 2640
Fax: 603 825 5893

"The fact that there are actually ways of knowing and characterizing the
extent of one�s ignorance, while still remaining ignorant, may ultimately be
more interesting and useful to people than Yarkovsky"

-- Jon Giorgini of NASA�s Jet Propulsion Laboratory