Re: Annoying dynamic DNS updates (was Re: someone from attbi please contact me ...)

  • From: Mark Radabaugh
  • Date: Mon Sep 29 13:49:13 2003

---- Original Message -----
From: "Owen DeLong" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 1:07 PM
Subject: Re: Annoying dynamic DNS updates (was Re: someone from attbi please
contact me ...)

> Think about Micr0$0ft trying to fight off thousands or better millions
> of small claims cases all over the country.  Even if Micr0$0ft wins every
> one, they lose.
>
> Owen

FWIW (and IANAL) in Ohio a corporation filing in small claims court requires
a lawyer to represent the company.  This increases the cost to at least $250
just to get in the door.  I would be suprised to get out with under a $1000
in legal fees.

Even though we have a Ohio spam law (yeah - I know we are talking about DNS
here..) AFAIK no ISP has bothered trying to use it since the cost relative
to the potential recovery is out of line.

Makes it pretty impractical to use this method for dealing with annoying but
economically minor issues.

Mark