Re: Annoying dynamic DNS updates (was Re: someone from attbi please contact me ...)

  • From: Jason Lewis
  • Date: Sat Sep 27 20:07:03 2003

When will entities that implement "solutions" that cause damage on a
global scale be held accountable?  The Dynamic DNS problem with Windows
boxes makes me think someone thought it would be a good idea, but didn't
really think it through. The Verisign wildcard decision seems to be along
the same lines.  I doubt anyone thought there would be a class action
lawsuit when the made the change.

It reminds me of the Netgear and U of Wisconsin time server SNAFU.
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~plonka/netgear-sntp/

jas