Re: Any way to P-T-P Distribute the RBL list

  • From: Rik van Riel
  • Date: Sat Sep 27 12:07:34 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Stewart, William C (Bill), RTSLS wrote:

> Distributing an RBL list is the easy part.

Why stop there ?

The generating of the list itself can be a P2P thing too.

You could peer with a group of people you trust and exchange the
list of IP addresses that send crap into each other's spamtraps.

Then block IP addresses that have sent crap (measured by SA?) into
the spamtraps of multiple people, or come up with other nice metrics.

I'm sure you can come up with all kinds of tricks here.

I started a project with this goal a while ago, but to my shame it
still hasn't moved beyond the "spamtrap fed blocklist" stage yet,
we simply haven't gotten around to writing the p2p parts yet. ;(

I'd appreciate help though ;)

	http://spamikaze.nl.linux.org/

Rik