RE: Re[2]: williams spamhaus blacklist

  • From: Steve Linford
  • Date: Thu Sep 25 11:04:31 2003

From netadm, received 25/9/03, 9:02 -0400 (GMT):
 That describes the escalation procedure of SPEWS, but is not at all
 accurate for the SBL, we do not expand listings sideways into
 customer space or block whole ISPs [*].

 Mr. Linford's Spamhaus has recently blocked our entire ISP because of 2
 entities on our network we are working to terminate (it is a bit more
 complicated than simply pulling the plug).

 In addition, we have recently requested removal of listings once we have
 terminated the customer in question, but received no response.

 We can vouch for the fact that www.spamhaus.org blocks far more than
 just sources of UCE. In our case, it is our entire network.
Ehm, that was because you, infolink.com WERE the spam outfit, of course we block your 'entire network', it was an entire network of spammers with no real customers. You can pretend Infolink is an 'EyeEshPee' all you like Mr Leary but what we see is this, from your ROKSO record:

Prieur Leary's Infolink Communication Services, Inc.
(64.251.0.0/19) initially got bandwidth from Yipes.com circa
February 2002. Infolink (and Yipes) ignored tremendous
numbers of spam reports for months on end. When
E-xpedient.com bought that chunk of Yipes circa late June
2002, they continued spam hosting and were booted in a week or
so.

Next, Infolink headed for WCG.net, and commenced routing there
during early July. It may have looked like a tasty morsel to
Williams, but they soon realized it had a bitter aftertaste.
It took until August 21 2002 before the mallet swung at WCG.

Then UU.net took a whack at at it. By August 21, Infolink was
already spamming via that route. That lasted until about
August 28, and it was three strikes and they were in ROKSO.

But other networks are still willing to experience the thrill
of a flooded abuse queue, it seems, and these persistent
spammers are still on the air. There was apparently a route
via cw.net during August 28 and 29, but as of August 29 they
seem to have transit via host.net, go-net.net, and
go-intl.net, downstream of Verio.net.

Among Infolink's notorious partners in spam, Infolink hosts
Eddy Marin (OneRoute.net), John Ritzer, and Daniel Amato.

http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/search.lasso?evidencefile=1955

Spammers pretending to be ISPs don't qualify.

--
Steve Linford
The Spamhaus Project