Re: williams spamhaus blacklist

  • From: Leo Bicknell
  • Date: Wed Sep 24 20:03:53 2003

In a message written on Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 07:42:39PM -0400, Richard Welty wrote:
> there's nothing alleged about it. the Eddy Marin spam gang in Boca Raton is
> one of the nastiest bunches of vile spamming slime you will ever see. this
> is all extremely well documented. go see the spamhaus site for
> documentation, it's all there.

What you're missing in my argument is that it doesn't matter.  I
have no idea who Eddy Marin is, nor do I care.  Blocking wcg's
corporate mail servers is not the solution.  Sure, it may get
someone's attention at wcg, but it may also harm a lot of "innocent"
communications, sales talking to clients, other wiltel customers
requesting support, heck, the secretary ordering lunch to be
delivered.

There are laws against spam.  If you have evidence, sue in civil
court, or get a DA to go for it in criminal court.  Don't lob a
hand grenade in the general direction of the spammer and hope it
all comes out ok.

Osama and his followers told us for years they didn't like what we
were doing, and then escalated by flying a plane into a building
to "get our attention".  That must have been ok by the same logic.

--
       Leo Bicknell - [email protected] - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - [email protected], www.tmbg.org