Re: williams spamhaus blacklist

  • From: alex
  • Date: Wed Sep 24 18:13:39 2003

> gateway.wcg.com (65.77.117.10) is being blacklisted by the spamhaus
> service.
>
> Can someone at Williams Communications get this taken care of?
>
> Your mail server is being blocked by everyone who uses spamhaus and it's
> delaying important mail from your company to one of our customers.
Customers who use blacklists compiled by vengeance-oriented folk deserve
what they get: No email.

Suggested solutions:
a) whitelist williams
b) stop using SBLs similar to spamhaus.

It is a question of trust: Do you trust spamhaus to block 'evil' spammers?

Do you trust them after they blocked important mails to your clients that
could -not- -possibly- have been spam?

Make your own conclusions.

-alex