Re: RADB

  • From: Larry J. Blunk
  • Date: Wed Sep 24 17:04:35 2003

 Christopher,

   I suspect the "route" objects that one would typically register in
the RADB or other routing registries is generally a small subset of the
"networks" one would register in their rwhois server.  The route objects
should consist of only those prefixes which are announced via BGP and
not the more specifics which are assigned to customers (but not
announced by them).

    You would need to somehow tag those network prefixes which
correspond to announced routes and also devise a mechanism to specify
the origin AS (a required field in the RPSL route object).

    If you'd like to discuss this further, I'd suggest we move this
to [email protected] rather than spending additional NANOG bandwidth
on it (and if there is any other interest out there, please feel free
to let us know at this address as well).

  Regards,
    Larry J. Blunk
    Merit