RE: Another DNS blacklist is taken down

  • From: Christopher Bird
  • Date: Wed Sep 24 16:28:01 2003

I realize that this is seriously off the wall.

There is a pretty secure P2P system (Groove) that was developed by Ray
Ozzie. Focus is on security on the wire, on the box, everywhere with
serious authentication - Diffie-Hellman exchanges and all the right
security toys. Admittedly when I run it at home the lights in the
neighborhood dim.

I am wondering, though if there might be a way to use its kind of
services for some behind the scenes secure discovery - removing the
hackability of most of the P2P systems.

No I don't know how it scales, what it's throughput and licensing
limitations are..

I just heard P2P and immediately went outside the box.

Chris

My vcard is attached.

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Bird;Christopher
FN:Christopher Bird ([email protected])
ORG:The Network Effect
TITLE:Independent Consultant
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(214) 764-6305
TEL;CELL;VOICE:(214) 236-8373
TEL;WORK;FAX:(972) 764-6301
ADR;WORK:;;4020 N. Macarthur # 122-322;Irving;TX;75038;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:4020 N. Macarthur # 122-322=0D=0AIrving, TX 75038=0D=0AUnited States of Amer=
ica
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[email protected]
REV:20030902T123447Z
END:VCARD