Re: Providers removing blocks on port 135?

  • From: John Kristoff
  • Date: Sun Sep 21 21:53:36 2003

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 07:01:27PM -0400, Sean Donelan wrote:
> The problem is many "clients" act as servers for part of the transaction.
[...]
> And do we really want to discuss peer-to-peer networking, which as
> the name suggests, peer-to-peer.

The Internet has always consisted of peer-to-peer hosts.  It seems odd
that people talk about peer-to-peer as a new feature.

...and are there similarities with those basic assumptions and those
people expected from the .com/.net domains?

For either case, have you (the collective recipients of this email)
thought both long and hard about those two issues.  Are your beliefs
about each compatible?

John