Re: If Verisign *really* wants to help ...

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Sun Sep 21 17:26:04 2003

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003, Owen DeLong wrote:

> That gets even more frightening when you look at the background of
> Verisign's
> management team.  I'm not usually one to buy into conspiracy theorys, and,
> I'm not suggesting any evidence supports one here.  However, these guys are
> from the government, and, it's obvious they're not here to help.

Wow, and here comes the Tri-Lateral Commision :( So what if they were
former Gov't employees? They were likely culled from the copious numbers
of ex-gov't folks in the Washington, DC area. That and they opening some
doors via networking and contacts in the DC area for Verisign. I'm not
sure that their background has really any bearing in this case.

A case where it DID would be them directing ALL domains through a central
location for monitoring, which clearly isn't happening here.