If Verisign wants to cooperate

  • From: E.B. Dreger
  • Date: Sun Sep 21 13:09:55 2003

I realize this thread had gotten long, but thought I'd pitch the
following idea:

	; TLD

	$ORIGIN com.
	*	IN NS		ns.wildcard.invalid.

	$ORIGIN wildcard.invalid.
	ns	IN A		1.2.3.4 ; NSI default

Make no mistake, I'd much rather have the wildcard eradicated.
Until that happens (who says I'm not a foolish optimist?), the
above would allow NetSol to run SiteFinder _and_ make it easier
for providers to override via a single zone.

People have expressed concern over NetSol circumventing current
resolver patches using glue.  They could employ the same tactics
to simplify the sifting.

Eddy
--
Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - EverQuick Internet Division
Phone: +1 316 794 8922 Wichita