Re: If Verisign *really* wants to help ...

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Sun Sep 21 12:58:41 2003

Of course, folks realize that Verisign is now one of the largest SS7
network operators in the world.  Almost all CLECs in the USA use
Verisign's SS7 network.

Verisign has become the single point of failure for almost all of the
USA's public networks (voice, data, Internet, etc).

That gets even more frightening when you look at the background of Verisign's
management team. I'm not usually one to buy into conspiracy theorys, and,
I'm not suggesting any evidence supports one here. However, these guys are
from the government, and, it's obvious they're not here to help.

If you look at the Verisign/NetSol management team, you'll see that it has
a large contingent of ex-CIA/NSA/etc. I don't know this is bad, but, I know
it can't be good. (Think Carnivore)

Owen