RE: Worst design decisions?

  • From: Shawn Jackson
  • Date: Fri Sep 19 15:53:08 2003

	It's usually a legal risk deferrer decision to buy the ATM
casing with Braille. Someone pointed out that Drive-Ups and Walk-Ups are
the same, which it true for the internals but not Drive-Ups casing and
moldings, which are adjusted for the average eye level of a person in a
car, plus recessed, tiled monitors, etc.

	Basically, it costs x,xxx.xx to get the casing with Braille, and
legal risk is valued at xx,xxx.xx (i.e. someone suing them because it
doesn't have Braille).

	Better safe then sorry in risk management. I wouldn't view this
is a lapse in deign decision, more of an obscure design decision.

Shawn Jackson
Systems Administrator
Horizon USA
1190 Trademark Dr #107