RE: Worst design decisions?

  • From: Mike Donahue
  • Date: Fri Sep 19 15:27:19 2003

>At 04:24 PM 9/18/2003, [email protected] wrote:

>>  The US Congress.
>>  "can you say ADA - sure you can" - Fred Rodgers
>>
>>> Who thought it was a good idea to put braille on the drive up atms?

>While I don't know if the person in question was blind or not, I *have*
seen someone use a >drive-up ATM from the back seat of a car.

>jc

Hi.. I might have missed the post, but braille on drive through has zero to
do with a design mistake - it's practicality.  The ATM manufacturer doesn't
put out a "drive-through" and "walk-up" model - it puts out one, and then
it's up to whomever to mount it.  Simpler just to put braille on the kit and
ship, and not worry about it.

Mike