RE: Kill Verisign Routes :: A Dynamic BGP solution

  • From: Eric Germann
  • Date: Thu Sep 18 21:37:55 2003

<snip>

> 	I think the whole idea of getting into an escalating
> technical war with
> Verisign is extremely bad. Your suggestion only makes sense if you expect
> Verisign to make changes to evade technical solutions. Each such change by
> Verisign will cause more breakage. Verisign will either provide a way to
> definitively, quickly, and easily tell that a domain is not registered or
> Verisign will badly break COM and NET.
>
> 	DS

Who said they're logical in their decision making process.  While they
experiment with .com/.net, countermeasures are called for.  And they have
badly broken .com/.net.

This is just an evolution of the blackhole solution, doing it dynamically.
Keeps us from having to find out they changed it/moved it/etc.  And, if
*.com goes away, so does the route :).