Re: Worst design decisions?

  • From: Gerald
  • Date: Thu Sep 18 14:57:57 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 [email protected] wrote:

> Actually, as awkward as those rubber hoods are, what I like about them is
> that when you're pulling a disconnected patch cable through a rat's nest
> of wires, they prevent the plastic tab from being bent backward.

Since you are the second person to point that out...

2 suggestions:

- 1. Cut the head off and re-crimp it if it has to go that far.
- 2. Use regular power tape, scotch tape, or duct tape to hold the tab
down until it has reached its destination. (You do keep duct tape around
right?) ;-)

Gerald

- How are ya? Never been better, ... Just once I'd like to be better.