Re: Worst design decisions?

  • From: David Barak
  • Date: Thu Sep 18 10:54:32 2003

--- Matt <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've got a couple others in my head from 3Com and a
> couple of others,
> but I thought I'd get the ball rolling.  So, what do
> you think?

Personally my issues are console-cable related: is
there a benefit to the HUGE variety of console pinouts
used by the various hardware vendors?  Just look at
vendor C as an example (I can think of four types
immediately) - not only are the types of console port
not standardized, but process for determining the
location of the port clearly involved the reading of
entrails...

-David Barak
-Fully RFC 1925 Compliant-