Re: .ORG problems this evening

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Thu Sep 18 01:33:00 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Todd Vierling wrote:

> It makes me wonder how UltraDNS got a contract to manage the domain on all
> of two nameservers hosted on the same subnet, given that they were supposed
> to have deployed "geographically diverse" (or something like that) servers.
> But then, we know ICANN smokes the crack liberally at times....

Just because they hosts are on the same subnet and are apparently behind
the same end device for you doesn't make them non-geographically diverse
if they are really anycast pods, does it? It really just means one anycast
pod was down for a time :(

It is one of the things that anycast makes difficult though :(
Troubleshooting anycast from the outside is a bear.