Re: ICANN - Formal Complaint re Verisign

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Wed Sep 17 17:52:57 2003

Jerry Eyers wrote:

One thing I haven't seen mentioned in all this is the incredible business
monopolizing effect this move will have on the TLD's in question. It
dramatically shifts the domain playing field in Verisign's favor by pointing
millions of potential customers to their site(s) specifically, giving them
millions of dollars in free advertising eye-time over any of the competition

If I remember correctly, Verisign person stated in an interview that they estimate that
it will be worth up to $100M annually.

Pete